- 1 raw red beetroot
- 1 small raw chioggia beetroot
- 8 walnuts
- 50 g Ile de France Chèvre (2 oz)
- 4 tbsp. walnut oil
- Around 10 basil leaves
- “Fleur de sel” salt, freshly ground pepper
1. Peel and rinse the beetroots. Dry thoroughly.
2. Using a vegetable slicer, slice the beetroots very thinly and gradually arrange in a
circle on 4 separate plates.
3. Crumble the Chèvre with a fork and arrange on the plates.
4. Roughly crush the nuts.
5. Sprinkle the nuts, oil and basil leaves over the beetroot on each plate.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Serve this carpaccio as a starter, perhaps with granary bread.
Tip: Try replacing the walnuts and walnut oil with hazelnuts and hazelnut oil.
Ile de France Chèvre is a genuine traditional fresh goat cheese with a pleasant tanginess and a cream yet firm texture that enables a large variety of usages for all meals.